Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya (VTV) Posters

I am a big fan of Gautham's films, the notable ones being Kakha Kakha, Minnalae and Varanam Ayiram.

I assume the photographers (or whoever is in charge of the posters) of his new film VTV, were suddenly out of creative ideas, that they started copying their posters from some of the older super hit films. These films are my ever green favorites. VTV manages to give a poor imitation of those memories.

Though the group claims it as a tribute to the mid-time hits, all I see in the posters is, intelligent advertising. Now, when I search for Alaipayuthey in Google, I end up with at least one image of VTV. It will also help the film in connecting with the masses easily, projecting familiar images.


The sad part is , Simbu and Trisha are far away from creating the magic that was woven into some of these ManiRatnam films. I just hope that Gautham has made VTV worthy enough, to be compared to these classics. The wait is on until Valentines day, 2010.


Copy Cat 1: Idhyathai Thirudadhae



Copy Cat 2: Minsara Kanavu



Copy Cat 3: Uyirae



Copy Cat 4: Khakha Khakha



Copy Cat 5: Alaipayuthey























No comments:

Post a Comment