Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oh My IPhone app


IPhone apps for the new age mom

Here are some iApps for iDevice users who are new parents as well. I found them extremely useful in these two hectic months of twin motherhood.

1. Amazon Mobile

Be it a pacifier which costs no more than $5 or an infant car seat which costs close to a 100, I ordered tons of stuff using Amazon mobile. So much so that the UPS guy stoped at our house every day.
The best part is that I ordered most of these during my marathon feeding session for my twins, before my postpartum brain forgot what I was thinking about.

The One Click Buy and Amazon Mom free shipping require a special mention.

App Rating : Can't live without it

2. iLLumination
This constant flash lets me check on the kids in the middle of the night. When I hear some weird noise and don't want to switch on the lights, this is what I search for. Since my iPhone has literally become a part of me(I hang it to my neck in a badge holder), this is much more reachable than the nearest torch light.

App Rating : Love it

3. Baby Center App

This app is my new best friend. The forums give me much required relief on new born questions that I have almost everyday. It also serves as a good read for the wee night hours, when I refuse to sleep because of all the grunting noises from the kiddos.

Forums - Got Twins, June 2012 , May 2012 birth clubs

App Rating : Love it

4. Skype/Tango
The best apps for showing off the kids to the kith and kin who are spread all over the world.
Excellent video quality on IPhone 4S

App Rating : Like it

5. Snap Fish
With the high definition camera that IPhone 4S has, I cant ask for a better camera.
So take the pics, upload them to Snapfish and print them out whenever there is free shipping offer. Make it way easier than using a digital camera, transferring, uploading, copying to drive then printing it.

App Rating : Good to Have

6. Sleep Pillow
Stumbled upon this one recently. The little ones love the white noises and sleep immediately if they are in a good mood. Never try it while feeding, it sure puts them to sleep

App Rating : Can do better

7. You Tube
Million kiddo videos to play from. I especially like the Baby Einstein Beethoven collection. The kids don't react to it much, but this time, it is more about me than them.
I am looking forward to videos from "Super Simple Learning" when the kids are a little older.

App Rating : Like it

8. Craigslist
This cool new app lets me mark the Ads, strike them and even make a short-list of the things I need. Came in very handy when I had to order some used items for my twins.

App Rating : Can do better

9. Pampers - Gifts to grow
If you are buying diapers and not using cloth diapers, you definitely need this one. For the amount of money spent on diapering, we better get some returns at least. This app makes it easier to collect points, so you can buy some cool stuff with it in probably 2 months time.

I searched the app store and couldn't find one for Huggies

App Rating : Personal choice

I would love to hear about more apps like these, please comment if you know some.

2 comments:

  1. Good list! Some more ...

    iLullaby - Pretty good to calm the baby to sleep (especially the Roackabye tune ...)

    Virtuoso - Its a virtual piano - and not for babies. But baby loved it every time he found that tapping it produced sounds.

    Nursery TV 1,2,3,4,5 - 5 apps that have the best nursery tunes and colorful visuals.

    Vish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vishu, will definitely add those. I think I have Virtuso, but didnt understand it much.

    ReplyDelete