Friday, September 4, 2009

Transit through LHR


photo 1 :view from my flight window - LHR ; photo 2: Radisson Blu, Zurich
London continued...

Had a good lunch at Giraffe cafe. I liked my falaffel deluxe burger. But the french fries and onion rings were the ones that hit the spot.. They had a sauce which was just like our "kara chutney". The waiter didn't know what ranch was. Gave him a quick explanation and rushed to our gates.



On the flight to Zurich..

I just witnessed something spectacular. We must be atleast 25,000 feet high and I was admirring all the heavenly clouds. Up pops a rainbow lying on the clouds. I swear I saw a 3/4 rainbow and not the usual semi-circle ones that we see. Jeevan tells me it is just a reflection of sorts. I really don't understand.. Year of poor physics reflects :)

Watching clouds below you with the moon travelling with you and not having to look up to it is such a magical thing. ohh. and when the setting sun starts its multi color light show on the clouds, words fall short.

Safely reached Zurich at around 9:30 pm. Best immigration procedues ever, we just walked through with a small stamp. The airport is small and we walk straight into our Radisson Blu hotel which is inside the airport. I am impressed. Its all modern and magnificient. Got to our room and plugged in the US-Europe convertor plugs into the sockets. tut...... the line trips. All the power except for the lights is out. No charging of our mobiles, camera or netbook. Here we wait, for some electrician to turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment