Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 2 Trummelbach falls

the rightly named Cork screw falls -- see from right to left. This is the place where the falls is horizontally below you.. Totally unique


Day 2 - Trummelbach Today was a slow-run day. That means we didn’t plan to do much. Our itenary was, check out of Zurich, go to Trummelbach falls and if time permits, roam Interlaken. I got up a whole 2 hours late(blame the jet lag),so we ended up leaving Zurich at noon. Jeevan got me a Swatch(the paper thin battery types). Happy me, we boarded the train and left for Interlaken. Checked in Krebs Hotel Interlaken and boarded the next train to Lauterbrunnen. Lauterbrunnen shows the other side of Swiss alps, the glacier white snowy side. We totally enjoyed the views from the train and then took a 10 min bus ride to Trummelbach falls. I guess Trummel means 10, this was a zig-zag series of 10 waterfalls. The falls were one of a kind, it is not a vertical one, but flows through a series of obscure, interesting shaped caves and rocks. I loved the sound of gushing water echoing on the rocks. The climate was crisp, naturally freezing cold and the caves were dark and well, cavy all giving a mystic feel to it. I wouldnt dare to compare it to Niagara, but it was a beauty by itself and is definitely worth a visit.
I still have to write about Lucerne and Interlaken.
Tomorrow is a big day - Here I come Jungfraujoch.

No comments:

Post a Comment